Red Bridges Barbecue Lodge
In 1946, Red and Lyttle Bridges opened the first BBQ joint in Cleveland County called Dedmond’s Barbecue; located in the old Dedmond’s building on Highway 18.
Three short years later the business was moved to Uptown Shelby (1949) and was renamed to Red Bridges Barbecue Lodge. In 1953, Red Bridges Barbecue Lodge was moved to our current location on Highway 74.
Today, Red and Lyttle’s daughter, Debbie Webb runs the business along with her two children Natalie Ramsey and Chase Webb.
For over 75 years, pit cooked barbecue has been the art of our success. We are one of the only few places left that slow cooks pork over hickory all night long. We feel that this is the only way to get the true old fashion flavor. 74-years down and a lifetime to go!